Engineer, Leader, Technologist
During the last 10 years, I have helped build PipelineDeals from an idea to a complete and popular CRM product. I was hired as employee #1. Since then I have scaled the engineering team, the product, and the infrastructure to handle tens of thousands of customers and millions of dollars of annual revenue.
- I am passionate about making software products come to life.
- I have over 10 years of experience developing, maintaining, and refactoring large-scale Rails applications.
- I have deep technical knowledge of Ruby, Rails, Mysql and Redis.
- I've invested a lot of time learning new frontend tech: React/Redux, ES6, Electron and creating static site SPAs.
I built the engineering team at PipelineDeals from just me to managing 3 teams and 15 engineers.
- I pay special attention to fostering a healthy engineering team culture.
- We care deeply about our software delivery process, ensuring there is just enough process to work, without it feeling too cumbersome to all parties involved. I ensure the end result is high quality.
- Our team easily passes the Joel test, and we strive to make ourselves better through investment days, hack days, and LearnFests.
- I believe in empowering engineers to do their best work by attracting and hiring amazing people. I care deeply about fostering a healthy team culture and achieving team happiness. I embrace remote working and have years of experience making remote teams a success.
- I am co-organizer of the Philly CTO School, a meetup group where we talk about problems facing engineering leaders.
I live outside of Philadelphia in an old house with my wife, 2 sons, and 2 dogs. I am an avid runner and cook.